The first records of the Church of St Gotthard date back to the 15th century, when an offering chapel stood on the site. The church was built around 1629 and consecrated by Bishop Volpi.
For a short time, the church area was also used as a cemetery. The bell tower dates back to 1889.
The church is the seat of the Confraternity of the Beata Vergine del Carmine.
Inside there is one of the first reproductions of the Lourdes grotto in Italy; it was blessed by Bishop Pulciano in 1890.